English For All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a letter to a pen_pal

4 posters

Go down

a letter to a pen_pal Empty a letter to a pen_pal

Post  aziza elkihel Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Dear …..
Hello! I’m writing you this letter to tell you about my country and let you know about some of its cultural aspects and traditions.
Morocco is a country of startling scenery, friendly people, delicious cuisine and intriguing history. It has a diverse range of landscapes, imperial cities and cultural traditions.
If you want to visit me, you won’t need to stay in a hotel. My house, as most of the Moroccan houses, is large and there is a special room for guests.
Moroccans are famous for their hospitality and proudly serve their guests as much food as they can afford. It is considered disgraceful to allow guests to leave a meal unsatisfied. A specialty dish commonly prepared for ceremonial occasions is pastilla. Another specialty dish is mechoui. Before we eat, we wash our hands, get around the table and never forget to eat with the right hand and say ‘By the name of Allah’ at the beginning and ‘Praise to Allah’ when we finish eating.
Hearty Moroccan eating habits come to a halt during the thirty days of Ramadan, when every Islamic person in the country must fast from dawn until dusk. During this time, every house prepares ‘harira’ soup to be eaten as the first meal when the sun goes down. Late at night, a main meal with several dishes is served.
Another thing I want you to know is our clothes. If you are walking down the streets of any city of Morocco, you will certainly see some men and women wearing long and loose hooded gowns over their normal clothing. This garment is called the djellaba. It covers the entire body except for the head, the hands and the feet.
The djellaba for women is different than the one for men in style and purpose. Women wear a djellaba for different reasons. First of all, it is a very comfortable and aesthetically appealing. Second, it is a modest garment to wear in a Muslim country. Some women accompany it by wearing a scarf around their neck or head. It is also worn when visiting the family on a religious holiday.
I’m waiting for your visit. Be sure that you’ll like Morocco and its people.

Best wishes
Your friend Samira

aziza elkihel

Back to top Go down

a letter to a pen_pal Empty Re: a letter to a pen_pal

Post  Teacher_Abdelkrim Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Very Good Samira
flower flower
Teacher_Abdelkrim
Teacher_Abdelkrim
Admin

http://english4all.on.ma

Back to top Go down

Post  soukaina-oubella Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:13 am

santa intersting letter about tradation of morroco .........thank u samira for this information... santa
soukaina-oubella
soukaina-oubella

Back to top Go down

Post  MiStA Fouzi Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:28 am

thank you very much
MiStA Fouzi
MiStA Fouzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content